Chutney and Paneer Babka
Written by: Magical Ingredients
Makes 2 loaves or 16 buns
- Bread flour - 4.5 cups
- Aquafaba - 9 tbsp
- Butter - 1/2 cup, room temperature
- Salt - 1.5 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Active dry yeast - 2 and 1/4 tsp
- Carom seeds - 1 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Aquafaba - 2 tbsp
- Garlic butter - 1 tbsp
- Activate the yeast by adding the yeast to warm water with sugar in it. Add the rest of the ingredients except butter into a stand mixer and set it on low to medium speed.
- When a shaggy dough forms, add butter in four or five portions and knead for 10 minutes. Drizzle a little olive oil and let the dough rise for an hour.
- The dough would be more than double.
- Transfer to a flour dusted surface, punch, knead, and chaffe the dough. Divide into two portions.
- Roll each portion into 10X16-in rectangle. Spread 3-4 tablespoons of green chutney. Sprinkle a cup of shredded paneer.
- Roll into a log. Leave an inch at one end, cut in the middle of the log lengthwise.
- Twist and overlap each side into a twisted log.
- Join the ends into a coil and place in a 10X5-in loaf pan(parchment lined or buttered followed by sprinkling flour).
- Let it prove for an hour. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F in the meantime.
- Bake for 45-47 minutes. Check the doneness by checking inside temperature or tapping at the bottom for hollow sound. Remove from the oven. Brush with garlic butter.
- Cool completely. Serve with chai, with or without butter/curries.