top of content
Cheese "Boereg" Turnovers
This is a universally favorite Armenian dish made with Karoun’s Queso Blanco a white part-skimmed cultured cheese slightly salted with a soft creamy texture. They are a popular snack and fast food, often served as appetizer. Its unique aromatic taste lingers in your mouth.
- 1 package puff pastry squares
- 4 cups Karoun Queso Blanco, shredded
- 2 Tbsp parsley or chives
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 egg white (Keep egg yolk for egg wash)
1. Mix Karoun Queso Blanco cheese with egg white and parsley (or chives). Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Cut thawed puff pastry squares diagonally in half. Place 1 tbsp of cheese mixture in the middle of each piece of pastry, fold over and seal edges.
3. Preheat over to 375°F.
4. Beat egg yolk with 2 tbsp of water and brush pastries with the egg wash.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Makes approximately 18 pieces.