Cinnamon Fig Labne Cold Cream Cheese Dip
Don't wait for the holidays to create labne cold cream cheese dips with figs like this cinnamon fig labne version. Cream cheese dips with crackers & fruit are great snacks (or spread on bagels).
Recipe and Photos by Annelies Zijderveld
- 1 orange
- 7 ounces Orchard Choice or Sun-Maid Mission Dried Figs , stems removed and halved
- 1/3 cup walnuts
- 8 ounces Karoun Mediterranean Labne
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash kosher salt
- Zest the orange. Set aside. Juice the orange.
- Heat orange juice in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir in and steep figs for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Toast walnuts. Cool. Coarsely chop walnuts.
- Drain orange juice and pat figs dry. Set aside.
- Mix labne with walnuts, figs, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and 1 teaspoon orange zest in a food processor until chunky or finely chopped.
Products related to this recipe