Crab Cake Lettuce Wraps with Grape and Cucumber Relish
Chef Tara Khattar gained global recognition as the first contestant to represent the Middle East on Top Chef in 2018, and has since twice been crowned Chopped champion on the Food Network, appeared on various TV shows, worked as a celebrity private chef and consulted for restaurants, luxury private events and weddings in the Middle East, Europe, USA, and the Bahamas.
Recipe and Photos by Chef Tara Khattar
Makes 12 little crab cakes
For the crab cakes
- 1 1/2 cup crab (drained very well)
- 1/4 cup Karoun Labne
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Korean chili flakes
- Salt & pepper
For the cucumber relish
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup shredded cucumber
- 2 tbsp chopped mint and cilantro
- 3 tbsp cut scallions
- Sliced reddish for garnish
- 1/2 tsp mike spicy honey
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp black sesame seeds
- Lettuce cups for serving (butter lettuce leaves)
- Mix all the ingredient of the crab cakes until well combined, form into little Patties and dip into the breadcrumb mix.
- Heat 1/4 inch oil in a frying pan and fry for about 3 minutes on each side.
- Place on kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
For the relish:
- Mix all ingredients and add the sauce at the last minute.
Serve each crab cake in a piece of lettuce, top with relish and enjoy. :)
Products related to this recipe