top of content
Goat Feta Spinach Pie
An authentic, Greek pie stuffed with herbs, spinach, onions and cheeses that are all en- folded by crispy, flaky phyllo dough.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds spinach, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup crumbled Karoun’s Goat Feta cheese
- 8 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Lightly oil a 9x9 inch square baking pan.
- Heat 3 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion, green onions and garlic, until soft and lightly browned. Stir in spinach and parsley, and continue to saute until spinach is limp, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta and Karoun’s Goat Feta Cheese. Stir in spinach mixture. Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough in prepared baking pan, and brush lightly with olive oil. Lay another sheet of phyllo dough on top, brush with olive oil, and repeat process with two more sheets of phyllo. The sheets will overlap the pan.
- Spread spinach and cheese mixture into pan and fold overhanging dough over filling. Brush with oil, then layer remaining 4 sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each with oil. Tuck overhanging dough into pan to seal filling.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve while hot.