top of content
Instant RasmalaiHoli is just 10 days away and @foodie_singh_kour can’t wait to share what she’s making this year.
“Let’s start with something sweet and quick. This INSTANT RASMALAI will satisfy all your taste-buds, believe ME. Once you get the ingredients, they can be put together very easily.
It is also called bread malai roll and taste very similar to ras malai but requires very little effort to make. I have used @ohmygopi MALAI and it has made my task so much easier."
- Bread slices - 4 to 6
- For filling - I used 1/3 cup khoya/mawa and cooked it with 1 tbsp sugar and added some chopped almond. (adjust according to taste)
- Alternate - you can also use ¼ cup milk and ½ cup milk powder, cook milk in ½ tsp ghee and then add milk powder. Cook until it thickens. Then add sugar and nuts.
- For Rabdi - 8oz/226gm Gopi Malai @ohmygopi, 1 cup milk – as we need thin rabdi for this rasmalai.
- ¼ cup sugar, cardamom powder, chopped nuts, saffron (kesar) -1/4tsp optional, pinch of turmeric/ you can use food coloring as well.
- Soak kesar in milk for around 10 min. Transfer it to a pan and bring it to boil.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder. Then add Gopi Malai and stir it continuously. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add nuts and let it cool.
- Cut the sides of the bread and roll it using a rolling pin. Make sure edges are thinner.
- Keep 1 tbsp filling on one side and apply water/milk on the sides.
- Roll them to make a cylinder. Seal the edges by pressing them gently.
- Arrange them on serving dish. Pour rabdi over the top.
- Add a good amount of rabdi as bread needs to be soaked for best taste.
- Keep in refrigerator for 2-3hrs.
- Garnish with slivered almond, pistachios, saffron, and rose petals.
- Serve chilled.
Products related to this recipe