top of content
- Gopi Paneer - 8-oz
- Chaat masala - 1 tsp
- Oil - 3 to 4 cups for deep frying
For the Tempura Batter
- All purpose flour - 1/4 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup, ice cold
- Aquafaba - 1.5 tbsp
- Salt - 1/8 tsp
For the Dipping Sauce
- Radish - 3 tbsp, grated
- Sweet chili sauce - 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce - 2 tbsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Tamarind chutney - 2 tbsp
- Cilantro - 1 tsp, chopped
- Mint - 1 tsp, chopped
- Cut the paneer cubes to 1.5-in by 1/2 in rectangles.
- Add all the ingredients listed under "Dipping Sauce", mix, and set aside.
- Add aquafaba to water and mix.
- Sift the flour and salt, add the ice cold water aquafaba mix and gently mix to a batter.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip the paneer in the batter and carefully drop them into hot oil. Deep fry until golden. This may take about 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the oil. Place them in a plate and sprinkle with chaat masala. Repeat with the remaining paneer pieces.
- Serve with the dipping sauce immediately.