President Chicken Kabsa
• President Unsalted Butter - ⅓ cup
• Onion, chopped - 2 cups
• Ginger, chopped - ½ tsp
• Chicken breasts/thighs - 500g
• Coriander powder - ½ tsp
• Cinnamon powder - ½ tsp
• Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
• Orange zest - ½ tbsp
• Bay leaves - 2
• Cardamom pods - 4
• Dried lemon - 1
• Cinnamon - 2 sticks
• Whole cloves - 4
• Tomato paste - 1 tbsp
• Chopped tomatoes - 2 cups
• Basmati rice - 1½ cups
• Carrots, shredded - 2 cups
• Almonds, peeled - ⅓ cup
• Dried raisins - ⅓ cup
- In a large pot, melt the President Unsalted Butter over medium heat.
- Fry the onions and ginger for 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the spices and mix well.
- Add orange zest, cardamom pods, dried lemon, cinnamon sticks, and cloves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato paste and chopped tomatoes. Mix well.
- Cover the pot and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Add the rice and carrots.
- Pour water until all the ingredients are covered.
- Cover the pot and cook until the rice is well done.
- Place the chicken in an oven tray and grill for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt one teaspoon of President Unsalted Butter and roast the almonds for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the rice in a serving platter. Top it with the chicken pieces. Garnish with the roasted almonds and dried raisins.
• Tsp = Teaspoon and Tbsp = Tablespoon
• 1 cup = 240 ml or 240 g (approx.)
Products related to this recipe