top of content
Sambusas with Yogurt Cilantro ChutneyThank you @bookofdishes for sharing your delicious Garlic Cilantro Chutney recipe with us to go along with your samosas!
“Sambusa is one of the most popular Ramadan appetizers! Crispy pastry sheets are filled with anything from meat, legumes, cheese or vegetables and then shaped into triangles or rolls and deep fried, air fried or baked! This spiced beef sambusa is my absolute favorite variety! They freeze well if you want to prep ahead of time. you’ll have a hard time putting them down! We ALWAYS eat the sambusas with a yogurt-cilantro chutney— I can’t imagine not doing so. It works perfectly!
Recipe and photos by Hind Egus Book of Dishes
Makes 30 medium sized sambusas
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 3-5 cloves of garlic
- 2-4 Thai green chillis
- 1 cup ARZ Whole Milk Yogurt
- Salt to taste
- Add ingredients to a food processor and blend until well combined. Allow to rest before serving.
- 3 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp mashed garlic
- 2 tbsp mashed ginger
- 2 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large onions, chopped finely
- 2 cups of chopped cilantro
- Juice of two lemons ðŸ‹
- Oil for frying
- Spring roll wrappers
- Fry ground beef together with mashed garlic ginger and green chilies.
- Add in spices and saute until fragrant.
- Add 2 large finely chopped onion and fry until onions are translucent, then add the lemon/lime juice and continue frying until meat dries out some.
- Add the chopped cilantro and fry for about two minutes.
- Before assembling (and while the mixture is still hot) drain excess oil (we use a colander to make sure as much oil is removed as possible)—if you skip this step the sambusas will be oily!
- Roll sambusas into a triangular or cylindrical shape using spring roll or sambous.”
Products related to this recipe